Compliance with the Standard of Care
Compliance with the standard of care means that therapists have acted in a prudent and reasonable manner and have followed community and professional standards as have other practitioners of the same profession or discipline.
Mode of Communication
The CFC requires all therapists to never take or receive phone calls during sessions. This is for the benefit of all patients to ensure they are the core focus in every appointment. For this reason, the primary mode of communication with therapists is only via email. Therapists will respond during working hours only and within 1-2working days. Should there be any pressing concerns patients that are undergoing treatment only can call reception and ask for a call-back from the treating therapists who will be happy to do so.
Please note contacting therapists via their private social media accounts or private contact details is considered a breach of their confidentiality. We kindly ask patients to refrain from doing so and consider that therapists should be entitled to their own privacy.
We do not accept walk-in patients. All patients must book their appointments by contacting the center on +973 39019001, booking online or by emailing us on email@example.com
Duration of Sessions
The duration of a consultation is typically 35-45minutes long and a therapeutic session is 50minutes in duration. Additional time is chargeable. If patients are late and therapists are waiting this time please note this will still be considered. In order to ensure appointments, run smoothly we ask all patients to attend 5-10minutes prior to all appointments. Therapists should not keep any patient waiting more than 15minutes and ensure good time management.
What Is A Consultation?
A consultation is an opportunity for the therapist to meet you and learn more information about your case. The treating therapist will undertake an intake form with you and learn about your background, history and any stressors you may have in your life. It is not a therapeutic session and no diagnosis will be made during this time. The consultation is simply a time for the therapist to learn more about you to be able to consider the best mode of treatment.
We ask patients to refrain from using their mobile phones or electronic devices during their sessions unless in the case of emergency.
If a patient has any grievances we encourage they communicate these with reception to see how the case can be handled to make their treatment at the center as pleasant as possible.
Payment for session or package must be made on the same day of treatment. Reception will remind patients how many sessions are left on a package. Patients can pay via cash, debit or credit cards or via IBAN on Benefit Pay. Should a patient not cancel this amount will be deducted from their package.
Treating additional family members during the duration of the patient’s therapy, will also be chargeable by the center. Reports required by patients for official bodies/education centers/special institutes etc. will be chargeable
Provide patient-centered care to our patients that are inclusive, respectful, caring and focused on quality and safety.
To provide excellent mental health services to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- To provide the exceptional level of care with major focus on positive outcome and pt. satisfaction
- To provide supportive environment to talk openly about concerns and feelings.
- Offer psychometric testing to help diagnose illness.
- Work with local community and network in order to offer patient all resources available through the kingdom.
All patients have basic human rights to be treated with respect, courtesy and fairness.
Successful treatment occurs in an environment which is safe and which meets the psychological and physical needs of patients.
Inclusion of the patients, family and community support systems in the treatment process is critical to quality outcomes.
Communication with patients, families, other providers, and staff is based on honesty and integrity.
Successful treatment outcomes require staff competence, commitment, dedication, cooperation, teamwork, and adherence to the highest ethical and professional standards.
Treatment includes comprehensive assessments of the psychological, emotional, and social needs of patients.
We have adopted the following patient rights and responsibilities to promote quality care and satisfaction for our patients, our physicians and our staff. Our aim is to provide quality affordable mental health services to everyone in the community of Bahrain.
As a patient you have the rights to:
- Considerate, equal and respectful care in clean and safe environment.
- Be treated in surroundings which protect your privacy and culture.
- Know the name of the person treating you and their professional capacity.
- Receive clear, understandable information about your health status and treatment involved in decisions about your mental health.
- Be involved in the development of any plan for your health in a language that you can understand with a representative if you wish.
- Be kept informed about waiting times, delays and cancellations.
You also have the responsibility to:
- Cooperate with everyone providing you with care and treatment.
- Be considerate to other patients by respecting their property and privacy.
- Understand and follow instructions concerning your treatment and ask questions if you do not understand and would like an explanation.
- Provide accurate and complete information regarding health and medical history by answering all question honestly.
- Ensure payment for your treatment and be cooperative in providing any insurance information.
- Inform our staff if you have been taking any medication.
- Inform the center if you cannot meet an appointment.
- Accept responsibility for the consequences if you refuse treatment or do not follow our instructions.
- Make a complaint concerning quality of care.
The CFC Reserves The Right:
· To no longer treat a patient who has been a no-show more than four times consequently.
· To no longer treat a patient who has continually disrespected their treating therapist.
· To no longer treat a patient who has discussed another patient they have seen in the center with others.
We have 24-hour cancellation policy at the center. Cancellations without four-hour’s notice or no shows will be charged 50% of the appointment. Therapists are prepared and waiting for each appointment. When a slot is suddenly cancelled without prior notice the center cannot fill this appointment.